- Help make a difference in the lives of others, and minimise harm from gambling
- Three days per week
- Based in Upper Hutt
For almost three decades, The Salvation Army Oasis has helped to reduce the harm from gambling in the community in Aotearoa New Zealand. Oasis is a free and confidential service, which is delivered by a team of passionate and qualified health professionals, who seek to support and empower individuals, whānau and communities to develop healthy and fulfilling lives, free from gambling harm.
As a Caseworker, you will work as part of a small regional team (Wellington/Hutt Valley/Wairarapa) and provide a range of intervention services, including Brief and Full intervention (including assessment), follow up, group work and community interface for individuals and family/whānau experiencing gambling harm.
You will be based in the Upper Hutt office, and there is the opportunity to work from the Wellington office as well.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people who are affected by gambling, help to develop the local Oasis service, and work as part of a passionate team within a highly reputable and stable organisation.
- Strong clinical knowledge, with experience using both one to one and group clinical interventions, preferably within the gambling or addictions sector
- A qualified and registered health professional (e.g. Counsellor, AoD practitioner, Social Worker)
- A passion for providing and delivering a client-centred service
- A collaborative approach
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building and networking capabilities at all levels
- A commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army
- A full drivers licence and your own vehicle (you will be reimbursed for any work related travel, excluding travel to/from work)
The Salvation Army Oasis is part of the Health and Disability sector in New Zealand, and therefore all applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and be able to provide a vaccine pass as evidence.
To find out more about Oasis, please visit the website https://oasis.salvationarmy.org.nz/
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
View the position description by copying this link into your browser: https://mclaren.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/TSA-PD-Gambling-Caseworker-23.3.21.pdf