- Help make a difference in the lives of others, and minimise harm from gambling
- Based in Mt Wellington; working across a range of sites across Tāmaki Makaurau
- Full time, 40 hours per week
For almost three decades, The Salvation Army Oasis has helped to reduce the harm from gambling in the community in Aotearoa New Zealand. Oasis is a free and confidential service, which is delivered by a team of passionate and qualified health professionals, who seek to support and empower individuals, whānau and communities to develop healthy and fulfilling lives, free from gambling harm.
As a Caseworker, you will provide a range of intervention services, including Brief and Full intervention (including assessment), facilitation, follow up, group work and community interface for individuals and family/whānau experiencing gambling harm.
The Auckland service is Oasis’ largest, and you will work as part of a passionate multidisciplinary team under the leadership of a very supportive manager. You will be based at Mt Wellington and work at a range of Salvation Army sites across Tāmaki Makaurau (Auckland).
This role represents an exciting opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people who are affected by gambling, help to develop the local Oasis service, and work as part of a great team within a highly reputable and stable organisation.
- Strong clinical knowledge, with experience using both one to one and group clinical interventions, preferably within the gambling or addictions sector
- A qualified and registered health professional (e.g. Counsellor, AoD practitioner, Social Worker)
- Experience in working with diverse cultures including Māori and Pacifika would be advantageous
- A passion for providing and delivering a high level of customer service
- A collaborative approach
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building and networking capabilities at all levels
- A commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army
- Holds a full New Zealand driver’s licence
The Salvation Army Oasis is part of the Health and Disability sector in New Zealand, and therefore all applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and be able to provide a vaccine pass as evidence.
To find out more about Oasis, please visit the website https://oasis.salvationarmy.org.nz/
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069
View the position description by copying this link into your browser: https://mclaren.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/TSA-PD-Gambling-Caseworker-23.3.21.pdf