- Help make a difference in the lives of others, and minimise harm from gambling
- Full time position (part time hours would be considered)
- Based in Upper Hutt, with two days per week in Wellington
For almost three decades, The Salvation Army Oasis has helped to reduce the harm from gambling in New Zealand. Oasis is a free and confidential service, which is delivered by a team of passionate and qualified health professionals, who seek to support and empower individuals, whanau and communities to develop healthy and fulfilling lives, free from gambling harm.
As a Case Worker, you will work as part of a small regional team (Wellington/Hutt Valley/Wairarapa) and provide a range of intervention services, including Brief and Full intervention (including assessment), follow up, group work and community interface for individuals and family/whanau experiencing gambling harm.
Your time will be spread across working in the Upper Hutt office, Newtown office and Rimutaka prison, where you will provide services approximately once a week.
This role represents an exciting opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people who are affected by gambling, help to develop the local Oasis service, and work as part of a passionate team within a highly reputable and stable organisation.
- Strong clinical knowledge, with experience using both one to one and group clinical interventions, preferably within the gambling or addictions sector
- A qualified and registered health professional (e.g. Counsellor, AoD practitioner, Social Worker)
- A passion for providing and delivering a client-centred service
- A collaborative approach
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship building and networking capabilities at all levels
- A commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army
- A full drivers licence and your own vehicle (you will be reimbursed for any work related travel, excluding travel to/from work)
To find out more about Oasis, please visit the website https://oasis.salvationarmy.org.nz/
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069