Are you passionate about improving the health and wellbeing of others and minimising harm from gambling? Do you want to make a positive impact for tāngata whaiora and whānau? Are you experienced in mental health and addictions?
Then this will be the opportunity for you! We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Counsellor in the mental health and addiction field to join our PGF Services team in Auckland.
At PGF Services, we have a dynamic team environment that incorporates a holistic approach to minimising the harm caused by gambling. The organisation is funded to work with individuals, whānau, groups, and the community. We have the flexibility to support any counselling modality that promotes client engagement and motivation.
About the role:
The successful candidate will provide whānau support services for those already experiencing harm from the impacts of gambling and other co-existing issues, along with providing education and engagement in the region to raise awareness of gambling harm.
· Completed qualification in a relevant field such as social work, counselling and/or addiction
· Membership to an appropriate governing body
· Self-motivation, with the ability to work autonomously
· Ability to work cross-culturally and engage with diverse communities
· Effective and respectful communication skills
· Strong work ethic and high standards of record keeping
· Skills to build professional relationships with community organisations
· Competence in data entry and Microsoft 365 programmes desirable
· Full and clean driver’s licence
What we offer:
· Flexible working environment
· Five weeks annual leave
· Ten days sick leave
· Medical insurance
· Competitive salary based on skills and experience
· Latest smartphone and laptop
· Career development and training opportunities
· Fortnightly external supervision
· Use of company vehicle
We are committed to delivering a mana enhancing service and the health, safety and wellbeing of all staff is important to us. We value the connections you have with your community and encourage people with diverse backgrounds to apply.
If you want to make a difference by working to reduce gambling harm and achieve healthy communities, then we want to hear from you. Applications will close at 5.00pm on 30 April 2021 unless filled prior.
For a full job description or to send an application and CV, please contact:
Aung Ko Maung
Or visit our website www.pgf.nz/careers