Job specific information:
The Disability Sector is on the brink of some significant changes and CCS Disability Action is committed to playing its role in this change process.
Due to an internal promotion, we are now seeking applicants for the senior permanent full-time role of General Manager for our Southern Region.
Supporting the CEO, the primary purpose of this role is to implement the vision and purpose of CCS Disability Action through the quality delivery and development of CCS Disability Action services throughout the Southern region (South Island).
In addition, if successful in this role, you will participate as part of a national leadership team in strategic, service and business development as well as providing local branch-based leaders with guidance, support, and coaching. You will also work with local leaders, to resource, support and inform branch Governance Committees in relation to service, finance, and strategic matters.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to actively work with, the Treaty of Waitangi, the NZ Disability Strategy (2016) and the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a disability or related organisation
- Proven experience of developing and delivering quality services
- Personal experience of disability
- Understanding of the social model of disability, the disability sector and ability to relate to disabled people in a positive, affirming manner
- Innovative thinking, with proven ability to find new approaches and solutions to long term issues.
- A strong focus on planning for deliverables and results
- Excellent relationship management and presentation skills
- Knowledge of the not-for-profit sector and experience in rights-based service delivery
- A tertiary qualification and/or management experience
If you think you meet all or most of the above criteria and are looking for a challenging and rewarding senior position, please apply now.