- Do you want to make a real difference to people with disabilities?
- We are looking for a Registered Comprehensive Nurse
- You will be joining a very supportive team supportive team
- Based in Midlands area
Who we are | Ko wai matou?
NZCare Group is one of the largest providers of support services to people with intellectual and physical disabilities.
About the role | He korero whakamarama mo tenei turanga
We currently require experienced Registered Nurses with experience in the disability sector / community health and primary care, to work at our dedicated services for people with a range of disability.
This role is about providing comprehensive and holistic support for people that maximises their wellness and independence, whether they access our services on a full time basis or for respite.
We are looking for dynamic people who are passionate about establishing and delivering high quality individualised support to disabled people, whilst working as part of a wider NZCare team.
Role Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Promote health and wellbeing with the people we support, their family/whanau and staff to optimise people's quality of life.
- Provide support to ensure timely access to health services, including primary care and specialist services.
- Being the clinical interface between the District Health Board (DHB) Clinical Specialists and Primary Care and to advocate for the optimum level of access to health services and treatment for people with a disability.
- Early identification of health issues that may impact negatively on people's quality of life.
- Proactively identify interventions to reduce negative experiences for the people we support and our staff.
- Active involvement in health and wellbeing service plan reviews.
What you will bring | Nga tohungatanga mo tenei turanga
- To be a Registered Nurse with a current practising certificate, and relevant scope of practice.
- Willingness to maintain and update nursing skills and knowledge.
- Have a clear Police check enabling you to work with vulnerable adults.
- Have an excellent knowledge and understanding of people with disability and a vision of what can be achieved in the community.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in the provision of holistic care.
Why Us | He aha ai matou?
- A Rewarding role that has the opportunity for you to make a difference
- To be part of a National organization with opportunities for training and development.
- A supportive environment that encourages professional career progression and opportunities to grow your skills, knowledge and experience.
- An organisation that values and respects staff and the amazing work they do.
If you are passionate about delivering quality health care to people with a disability and are looking for an exciting opportunity to further your career in the health and disability sector please apply now.
Mēnā he tangata ngākaunui ana koe ki te tautoko i ngā momo tāngata, tēnā pea, kei konei he tūranga mōu. Tukua mai tō tono ki NZCare.
Applications Close | Te katinga o enei whai turanga: 10 September 2021 at 5pm, interviews might take place prior to applications closing.
Please apply via our website including a CV and cover letter.
All applicants must be a NZ Resident/ Citizen or have a valid NZ work permit.