Based in Rotorua , Permanent, Full time
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Health and Disability Co-ordinator to join our Regional Services Team on a permanent basis. Based at our Rotorua Regional Office but has region wide coverage, so will involve travel.
About the role
As a Health and Disability Co-ordinator you will support our work to achieve employment and other related outcomes for clients living with health and disability conditions. This requires you to build strong working relationships with GP practices and health and disability providers across the region. Your outstanding relationship and network skills will strengthen Work and Income’s relationships, as well as provide medical practitioners with clear understanding of how we can jointly support clients who have capacity to work to move into employment at the earliest opportunity.
As part of the Regional Health and Disability Team you will bring your industry expertise and commitment to client service, promote MSD’s support services to our clients and support the roll-out of regional initiatives.
We are looking for a professional and enthusiastic individual who can demonstrate:
- Effective adaptive communication and organisational skills
- The ability to work collaboratively with front-line service delivery staff
- Exceptional relationship management skills with the ability to quickly build rapport with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Thorough knowledge of Work and Income products and services with a particular focus on clients living with health and disability issues.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Pacific and Maori health issue.
- Proven project management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to fulfil job requirements
An understanding of the health system, particularly how medical centres operate, would be an advantage.
- Training, coaching and on-going professional development
- supportive team environment
- salary range starts at $61,734 per annum (in line with skills, experience and other factors).
How to apply
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this position.
Current MSD employees; it is important that you please apply through your myHR careers portal at work, so you are recognised as a current employee.
Applications close: 20 September 2021 at 10pm.
For enquiries about the role email firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining MSD means being part of a whānau that celebrates the diversity each individual represents. We show manaaki, we care about the wellbeing and success of people and want everyone to thrive, and be who they are in a supportive and inclusive working environment. We work together to make a difference for communities while doing the right thing with integrity. We are a Treaty partner committed to strengthening relationships with Māori, Hapū, Iwi and communities to realise their own potential and aspirations.