Health Improvement Practitioner - Auckland University
- An innovative and exciting role focused on improving the health and wellbeing of our Auckland University Whānau
- Specialised training and ongoing mentoring from New Zealand's leading trainers in Primary Care Behavioural Health and focused Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Permanent part-time role (0.8 FTE), parking provided onsite.
Nau mai, Haere mai! Haere mai ki te Fresh Minds hei painga mō ngā tangata
We are inviting registered mental health professionals to join our team, helping to expand our cutting-edge programme, Te Tumu Waiora. This exciting programme, described by the Prime Minister as "a game changer" for primary care, places mental health professionals into General Practices where they work as a fully integrated member of the General Practice team. The Health Improvement Practitioner provides immediately accessible, evidence-based brief interventions to individuals and their Whānau to help improve their mental and physical health and wellbeing. Fresh Minds, ProCare, led a successful two-year pilot programme and employs New Zealand's leading experts and trainers in this model.
This particular role is based at the Health Centre on the Auckland University campus. Free parking is provided onsite. This Centre is a diverse, welcoming, and innovative centre, passionate about delivering quality care to their community. Working with this friendly, dynamic and patient centered team you will be deliver the following services:
- Providing brief psychological interventions, particularly Focused Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (FACT) to patients and delivering evidence-based group programmes to patients
- Providing consultation, education and advice to other members of the General Practice team
- Supporting local population health by developing intervention pathways based on clinic needs
- Will be a registered mental health professional (e.g. psychologist, psychotherapist, mental health nurse, social worker, occupational therapist)
- Are self-motivated and independent, and enjoy working as part of a team dedicated to improving peoples' health and wellbeing
- Want to work in the fast-paced and varied environment of a General Practice
- Have some training in talking therapies such as ACT, FACT or CBT
- Have an understanding and sensitivity to working with all cultures
- Work alongside Health Coaches, GP's and nurses, within a multi-disciplinary framework focused on increasing access, equity and quality of care
- An extensive full training programme is provided, including classroom-based and on-site training, plus ongoing mentoring, supervision and professional development opportunities
- Join a nationwide network of HIP's, sharing knowledge, education and support
- Subsidised gym and retail discounts
We offer market leading remuneration and benefits, we have a fantastic team, and wider company environment to work in. If you think this sounds like you, please apply and submit your CV and application using the 'Apply Now' button or email email@example.com if you require additional information. We look forward to hearing from you.