- Are you passionate about the health and well-being of our community?
- Are you a highly motivated nursing or allied health practitioner who enjoys a fast-paced work environment?
- Would you like work with a General Practice team committed to providing high quality mental health support to patients?
Based in Eastfield Health Ashburton, this is a Permanent Part Time position, 24 hours per week (0.6 FTE)
Pegasus Health supports many aspects of health and wellbeing in Canterbury. We provide services and support to general practices and community-based health providers to deliver quality health care to patients. We also work in partnership with our communities, general practices and other health providers to improve the health and wellbeing of our communities and make Canterbury the best place to receive and provide primary care.
Working with our communities, means being committed to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and working in a bicultural manner to improve equitable access and outcomes for Māori. We’re committed to improving equitable access and outcomes for Pacific, CALD, LGBTQI+ and other priority populations.
Joining our team is an opportunity to be part of a people-centred health organisation with a collaborative, vibrant work culture that values you. We’re focused on achieving equitable health outcomes for everyone through commitment and delivery of our values:
- We are inclusive every voice is important to us
- We act with integrity doing what is right
- We connect, together we succeed
- We strive for better everyday
Manaakitanga underpins everything we do, encouraging kindness and respect in all interactions.
What you will be doing
Te Tumu Waiora - te reo for ‘to head towards wellness’ - is a new model of primary mental health and addictions care and support which aims to provide all New Zealanders experiencing mental distress or addictions challenges with access to convenient, high quality, integrated and person-centred care and support. The model is being rolled out nationally over the next four years.
The model puts mental health and wellbeing at the heart of general practice with focused roles, Health Improvement Practitioners and Health Coaches, working as part of the general practice team.
The Health Improvement Practitioner role aims to increase access to mental health services in the general practice setting. It involves being an integral part of the general practice team, working directly with individuals and their families to help improve their mental health and wellbeing and providing consultations and advice to other members of the general practice team.
Roles are required to work in a number of settings across Canterbury including urban and rural, specifically North Canterbury and Ashburton. Employment of these roles sits with a Primary Health Organisation – either Pegasus Health, Waitaha Primary Health or Christchurch PHO.
Successful applicants will receive comprehensive training and ongoing mentoring, which will appeal to clinicians with an interest and expertise in Behavioural health and behavioural change.
What you will bring
- Significant experience working within a counselling/mental health environment delivering talking therapies
- A good understanding of, and skill in delivering, talking therapy modalities for example ACT, CBT, FACT
- A relevant HPCA registered health professional qualification
- A working knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its application to health care
- Demonstrated commitment to addressing issues of equity in health and service delivery
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to develop relationships with a wide variety of people
- Established relationships or ability to build relationships within Māori, Pasifika and wider community networks
- The ability and experience to work autonomously and as part of a wider team
- Enthusiasm and passion about improving healthcare
- Previous experience working in or with primary health care providers
What we offer
- Supportive, people focused culture
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Range of wellness benefits including a wellness subsidy, free after-hours medical care
- Flexible-working options.
For more information visit: https://ccn.health.nz/Our-Work/Other-Alliance-Groups/Te-Tumu-Waiora-Canterbury