- Our vision is Tautokohia te mana tangata, Realising potential
- Our purpose is whakapakari ngatahi I te whanau kia puawai te hapori, to strengthen whanau together, so that communities thrive
- Our Organisation offers many development opportunities, with values that define all that we do
Emerge Aotearoa is a social services organisation providing a range of services to whānau, including Health and Disability, Youth and Emergency and Transitional Housing. Our kaimahi all have a common goal - helping people realise their potential with the aim of supporting people to live their best life as independently as possible.
The Housing team is a vibrant group of people who support whānau in Emergency and Transitional Housing across West and North Auckland. The mahi we do is vital to achieving the goal of long term, sustainable housing for whānau, while working alongside other support services. Our service is growing to meet the needs of whānau, and we are looking to recruit staff to help us empower our clients in their housing journey.
About the role
We have an exciting role for a health professional within our small and dynamic team. This service has the capacity to support five people to reach their goals and realise their potential within a home environment. You will use your clinical knowledge and skill base to help coach and mentor a team of Navigators as well as working alongside the people in the service.
The service is located in West Auckland, you will work rostered shifts across Monday-Friday between the hours of 8am and 8pm.
The service aims to provide a safe a nurturing space where whānau feel supported to live their best life. Ideally, you will have experience working within the mental health sector and be linked with agencies throughout the Auckland community to support whānau for the best outcome possible.
You'll have a supportive manager who draws on the strengths of team members to create a safe, nurturing space for whānau, where they can realise their potential and reach their goals.
The focus of your role will be working alongside Navigators providing support to whānau with varying intense needs and dual disabilities (mental health and intellectual disability).
What you need:
- Ideally previous experience working within emergency housing or in a similar role
- A current registration with a professional body covered by HPCA 2003 Act, Social Work Registration or have a current APC
- Post qualifying experience working within the Mental Health and/or AOD Sector
- Resilience and strong personal and professional boundaries
- A calm and patient approach to challenges you may face
- A current Full New Zealand driver's licence
- The right to work in New Zealand
What's in it for you?
- We're serious about professional development. Emerge Aotearoa provides extensive opportunity to develop, learn and grow, and we have our own team to help people do just that!
- Join a great team of people who care about supporting and making a difference in the community
- You'll be rewarded by helping people to reach their goals - in return we'll also help you to reach yours
- In this challenging yet rewarding role, no two days will ever be the same
- A supportive team who celebrate success.
- Great job satisfaction - you'll be improving someone's life and realising their potential
How to apply
To apply for this role please visit our careers site careers.emergeaotearoa.org.nz and register your details. This role will be advertised until filled.
If you are interested in joining an organisation who is passionate about making a positive difference in your community we would love to hear from you. Apply today.
Join the Emerge Aotearoa whānau - we're inclusive and we celebrate diversity as an organisation.
Realising potential - Tautokohia te mana tangata