We have more than 300 worksites and support options across the whole Auckland region, from Warkworth to Waiuku.
Our Home Support service provides individual (1:1) assistance to children, young people and adults with autism and/or intellectual disability. This role is largely comprised of part time hours, which are mainly after school and during weekends.
In partnership with families, our Home Support staff help people towards living their lives of choice. This can include supporting them with:
- Community access, e.g. shopping, joining clubs and teams, attending community events
- Independent living and social skills, e.g. handling money, learning the bus route and making friends
- Educational goals, e.g. helping with homework, assisting to enroll and achieve at school
If you're interested in helping people to achieve their goals, increase their independence and engage with their communities, then we want to hear from you today!
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Full Driver's Licence
- Experience supporting people with disabilities and/or challenging behaviours
- Strong communication and commitment to building long lasting, reliable relationships with the people you support and their families
- Sufficient fitness for an active role that may involve sports and recreational activities
- The ability to use technology effectively to communicate with the team, and to help the people we support connect with their communities and interests
We offer development opportunities including training and ongoing professional supervision. A variety of shifts are available, with pay rates based on Health and Wellbeing qualifications (or equivalent). Most importantly, we offer the reward and fulfilment of helping others!
Apply Now if you have a passion for working with people and want to make a difference!
For further information, please contact Sophie on (09) 634 9730