Every person with a disability deserves a life of choice, freedom and independence.
As a Community Support Worker you take on tasks that are dynamic and will depend on the needs and dreams of each person. You will provide assistance with personal activities such as community participation, socialising, work or education.
Our Home Support service provides individual (1:1) assistance to children, young people and adults with autism and/or intellectual disability. This role is largely comprised of part time hours, which are mainly after school and during weekends. We have opportunities available Auckland-wide.
***We are holding an Assessment Centre on the 8th July. When you apply, register your interest for the day and come along to learn more about the role and Spectrum Care!***
Skills & Experience
- Empathy and willingness to support people with their goals, dreams and aspirations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with your colleagues and the people you support.
- Sharing your own unique life experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Desire to learn on the job and study towards qualifications
- Reliability, commitment, and passion for working with people
- A full New Zealand driver's licence
- Ability to use the internet and outlook
What the role offers:
- Ongoing development and study opportunities - earn while you learn!
- A meaningful, life changing career
- Work that is valued within the community
- Starting rate from 1st July is $21.50 per hour
If you're interested in supporting people to develop self-confidence, independence, and to live their lives of choice, we want to hear from you today!
For further information, please contact Sophie on (09) 634 9730