- Two 0.94 FTE, permanent positions
- Excellent opportunity to work with a great team.
- Please apply if you have flexibility to work in rostered shifts.
Our Purpose: Why we do it
When you work with the Canterbury District Health Board, you are part of something very special. We plan, fund and deliver health services to the almost 600,000 people that live in the Canterbury region. Our primary goal is to put people at the heart of everything we do.
The Team: What we do
Whaikaha is a specialist mental health inpatient unit, providing care for people aged 18 years and over with an Intellectual Disability and/or Challenging Behaviours, or who are subject to legislative requirements.
Whaikaha pride ourselves on providing our consumers with the best experience possible. To ensure this we work within the Positive Behaviour Support model of care to improve quality of life outcomes for our consumers. If these values match, yours then apply today! We are committed to training and growing the successful candidate within our service.
The Role: Where you fit in
This is an opportunity for you to be involved in assisting patients with activities and daily routines, both in a ward environment, and the community. You will be required to work one on one with the patients therefore; you will need to be comfortable working with people who have an intellectual disability. Previous experience working with people with this consumer group is preferred but not essential. A responsible and mature attitude, along with your excellent interpersonal skills, empathy, compassion, communication skills and ability to work as part of a supportive team, are key to your success in this role.
What is involved?
- One exciting full time permanent positions for a Hospital Aide
- Work in an innovative new purpose built facility
- Actively contribute to the support of an identified consumer (s) with mental health, intellectual and / or physical disabilities in the context of a secure mental health environment, in order to promote optimal physical and mental health, as delegated by a registered Allied Health Professional or Nurse.
- A full drivers licence for both manual and automatic vehicles
Our Culture: What matters to us?
Ko ngā tāngata, te mātua mahi
Putting people at the heart of all we do
Health is ultimately all about people. What is important around here is the way we care for and respect others, the responsibility taken for delivering outcomes, and going about our work with integrity, empathy and compassion.
Belonging Here: Becoming part of our story
Being part of the Canterbury District Health Board, you will enjoy a fantastic benefits scheme, the opportunity for flexible working arrangements and ongoing focus on your career development.
If this role has sparked your interest but does not match your skills, then please visit our careers website and have a look at our roles that better suit your expertise.
Please apply online, or contact us on email@example.com
Applicants will be progressed as they apply, so if this sounds like you, please apply now!