You will be confident in managing highly challenging behavior and experienced in the use of a variety of de-escalation techniques and non-physical interventions. . You will also be comfortable working in partnership with close family of the young man. Your role will include assisting with intimate cares such as showering and using the toilet, doing household chores, as well as reporting and administration.
As House Leader, you will engage and motivate a team of Community Support Workers as well as providing active, hands on support for the person we support. Working with and gaining guidance from your Service Coordinator, you will be supervising to ensure an efficient and effective successful service to the person we support and his family.
We provide 24 hour support which consists of a rotating roster Monday through to Sunday.
If you're interested in supporting people to live great lives, build independence and connect with the community around them then we want to hear from you today!
Skills & Experience
- Committed to and passionate about supporting people with disabilities to live great lives
- Ability to communicate effectively and supportively with the people you support, their families and the team
- Experience leading a team is greatly beneficial especially with the ability to coach and develop individuals
- Effective report writing skills
- Organising and allocating rosters
- Exposure to balancing general ledgers
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience supporting people with disabilities with behaviours that challenge us
- Reliability, Commitment, and Passion for working with people
- A full New Zealand driver's licence (essential)
- The commitment to achieve a Health and Wellbeing Level Three qualification or other relevant qualification
- The ability to use a computer effectively, including programs such as Word, Internet Explorer, and email
Apply Now if you have a passion for working with people and want to make a difference!
Spectrum Care is proudly an equal opportunity employer.