We have more than 100 worksites and support options across the whole Auckland region. In our residential service, we provide services for adults with intellectual and or physical disabilities within our homes and out in their community. We provide 24 hour support which consists rotating roster Monday through to Sunday.
Our House Leader role combines support work and engages, motivates a team of a support team in the home. Working and gaining guidance from your Service Coordinator you would be supervising to ensure and efficient and effective successful service to people we support in a community home.
If you're interested in supporting people to develop self-confidence and independence, and live their lives of choice, lives like any other, in their own communities, then we want to hear from you today!
This role is located in Henderson, it is a Full-time Permanent position.
Skills & Experience
* Experience leading a team is greatly beneficial especially with the ability to coach and develop individuals
* Effective report writing skills
* Organising and allocating rosters
* Exposure to balancing general ledgers
* Ability to communicate effectively and supportively with the people you support,
* their families and your coordinator
* To be fit enough for an active role that engages anything between sports, community engagement, and recreational activities to personal cares
The ideal candidate will have:
* Experience supporting people with disabilities and/or challenging behaviours
* Reliability, Commitment, and Passion for working with people
* A driver's license
* A relevant qualification
* The ability to use a computer effectively, including programs such as Word, Internet Explorer, and email
Apply Now if you have a passion for working with people and want to make a difference!