He kōrero mō mātou | About Us
Emerge Aotearoa is a committed Tangata Tiriti organisation and a national provider of mental health, addiction, disability, offender rehabilitation, well-being and housing services. The core values of the organisation are based on Māori concepts Whakawhanaunga, Manaakitanga, Ako and Whakamana.
At Emerge Aotearoa we are guided by our three Pou; Māori Succeeding as Māori, Lived Experience and Diversity are privileged and Thriving Pacific Peoples. We believe that everyone can live full and rich lives in their communities of choice and we are committed to helping people be the best they can be.
He kōrero mō te tūranga | The Role
This role will see you providing leadership and practical support to our housing services in our Midlands Region. You will advocate and ensure that safety management and effective service provision are in place and maintained for all of our clients. Drawing upon your housing and management expertise, you will lead your teams to adeptly support their clients and look to continuously improve services.
As well as stakeholder engagement and relationship management, this role will require you to effectively manage staff, namely Team Leaders and their teams, ensuring that the delivery of our services are compliant with all relevant legislation and policy, together with meeting Emerge Aotearoa best practice and service quality standards.
With services located throughout the Midlands region, you will develop and maintain relationships with local and key stakeholders as well as communities including referral agencies and community supports and ensure connections within the wider community are available to support clients to achieve progress towards their goals. This role will include oversight of a pilot project in Rotorua in which you will need to use your strong relationships with iwi and understanding of and/or knowledge of kaupapa Māori organisations.
The opportunity can be based in Rotorua or Hamilton.
He kōrero mōu | About You
Ideally, you will possess the following qualities:
- A willingness to develop, coach, and support staff to ensure their skill/knowledge base continues to grow
- A strategic mindset to be able to contribute to service development, ensuring new services are implemented and working to identify opportunities for growth/efficiencies
- A genuine commitment to our values and our culture, specifically our commitment to Maori and Pasifika
- The ability to make sense of complex, , and sometimes contradictory information to efficiently solve problems
- Lead the continuous improvement of policies, processes, and practices within the organisation
Reporting through to the Northern Housing Manager, you will be a natural leader, have a glass-half-full outlook, and you will be someone who is genuinely passionate about working in our service.
The following experience/skills are preferred:
- Strong relationships with iwi and understanding of and/or knowledge of kaupapa Māori organisations.
- Relevant management related tertiary qualification (minimum of Level 7)
- Proven management and leadership experience of multiple staff and stakeholders
- Demonstrated partnership and networking skills with stakeholders
- A network of health, housing, and social service contacts
- Leadership experience in the community housing sector
- Proven experience in managing Human Resource issues, and in developing and leading cohesive teams
- Expertise in planning, delivering, monitoring, reporting, and compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full clean driver license
Ko tā mātou mahi | We offer
- National organisation, with lots of opportunities to grow, with lots of training and development available along with career opportunities
- An organisation that lives by its values
- Supportive team, team meetings and supervision to ensure you're keeping well and well informed in the workplace
- Great job satisfaction, you'll be improving someone's quality of life by helping them to realise their potential
- Staff benefits, store discounts, discounted health insurance, use of fleet vehicles, free counselling
Me pēhea te tono mai | How to apply
Got to Housing Operations Manager| Midlands Region - Careers at Emerge Aotearoa and click the apply button now and upload your CV and cover letter telling us about yourself! This role will be advertised until filled so apply today. Please note: In response to the Covid-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 as well as the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, including booster dose(s) if eligible, for this role. For more information, please see Covid-19 information site.