IPS - Employment Consultant
Fixed Term 6months with possible extension, Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Monday to Friday, Office hours.
Pay: $20.50 – $25.50 ph.
This service falls under pay equity for Mental Health. Pay is dependent on qualification.
Here is an opportunity for you to use your passion and enthusiasm to make a difference to the lives of New Zealanders!
Individual Placement and Support (IPS) is an innovative new service within our employment services that will work using an integrated approach with Waitemata District Health Board’s community mental health services in the Rodney District to support people into employment.
IPS is an evidence–based approach allowing individuals with significant disabilities fulfill their employment aspirations and achieve meaningful social and economic inclusion. It can also offer employers the positive benefits of diversity. Not only individuals but also organisations, communities, even the government will also benefit from your endeavors!
Main Tasks and Duties:
· Supporting clients into employment of their choice
· Assisting clients to develop an up to date CV, completing job applications and interview confidence
· Ongoing support for clients in employment
· Building the ‘right relationships’ with employers
· Assisting clients to recognise and maximise their strengths
· Establish and maintain a working relationships with Mental Health Services, Work and Income and other support people
· Assisting clients to work towards their recovery goals and develop their career plans.
· Health and Wellbeing L4 certificate or a relevant qualification
· A team player
· Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships
· Communicates well with people of diverse backgrounds and ages
· Thrives on achieving targets
· Ability to mentor and support job seekers
· Proficient computer skills in MS Word and Outlook
· Creative problem-solving skills
· Eligibility to work in New Zealand
· A current full New Zealand driver’s licence
· Experience of working in Employment Support or related role e.g. Work and Income, Careers Advice, Benefits
· Previous experience in the disability, youth, residential and/or mental health sector(s)
· Experience working in a clinical environment
· OT background or experience would be preferable.
A Job Description can be downloaded from the Ember website: https://ember.org.nz/careers/
For more information about this job, please contact: Vinesh Govind, Team Manager, on 09 523 2790 or 021 976 525
Closing Date: Friday 9th April 2021 at 12:00pm
To apply for this position, please submit all of the following documents:
1. Download, complete and submit an Application Form from https://ember.org.nz/careers/
2. Prepare and submit an up-to-date CV.
3. Submit a Cover Letter, answering the following questions:
· Why are you interested in this position?
· What skills, competencies, knowledge and experience can you bring to this role?
4. Email all of the above to: firstname.lastname@example.org