IPS - Employment Consultant
Fixed-Term (12 months), Full-Time (40hrs per week, Monday to Friday)
IPS - Employment Consultant position available within our Apollo Drive, Rosedale Offices, to cover Rodney region
Pay: $20.50 - $25.50 per hour
(This service falls under Pay Equity Settlement for Mental Health. Pay is therefore dependent on qualification)
We have a fantastic 12 months Fixed-term opportunity (with possible extension) for an Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Employment Consultants to join our Employment Services team and use your passion and enthusiasm to make a positive difference to the lives of New Zealanders!
WHO WE ARE:
As a respected not-for-profit, Ember – Korowai Takitini (https://ember.org.nz/), provides mental health, alcohol and other drug and intellectual disability support services throughout New Zealand’s north island.
Individual Placement and Support (IPS) is an innovative new service within our Ember Employment Service that will work using an integrated approach with Waitemata District Health Board’s community mental health services in the Rodney District to support people into employment.
IPS is an evidence–based approach allowing individuals with significant disabilities fulfill their employment aspirations and achieve meaningful social and economic inclusion. It can also offer employers the positive benefits of diversity. This is a win-win-win situation as individuals, organisations, communities, even the government benefit from your endeavors!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Supporting clients into employment of their choice.
- Assisting clients to develop an up-to-date CV, completing job applications and interview confidence.
- Providing ongoing support for clients in employment and assisting them to recognise and maximise their strengths.
- Building trusting and collaborative relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders at various levels, including liaising with Mental Health Services and Work & Income.
- Assisting clients to work towards their recovery goals and develop their career plans.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Ideally experience working within Employment Support or related roles e.g., Work & Income, Careers Advice, Benefits or working in the Disability, Youth, Residential and/or Mental Health Sector.
- A relevant/transferrable tertiary qualification – Level 4 Health and Wellbeing qualification or Equivalent.
- A team player with a proactive, positive approach and strong team ethic.
- Ability to manage highly sensitive matters whilst maintaining confidentiality and objectivity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively build and maintain credibility and relationships.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to relate, adapt to and engage a wide spectrum of people with diverse backgrounds, ages, and cultures.
- Thrives on achieving targets – persistence, resilience, drive, and determination to succeed.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to coach, mentor, and support job seekers
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word and Outlook
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand.
- A current full New Zealand driver’s licence
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A personal commuter-use vehicle, mobile phone and laptop for work purposes.
- The freedom and flexibility to maintain a work-life balance.
- Varied training opportunities for personal and professional growth including support to undergo qualifications (where appropriate) as well as support for professional memberships (where applicable).
- A comprehensive wellbeing programme that includes flu vaccinations, diabetes checks and access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
Want to ignite possibilities and work for an NGO at the forefront of mental health and addiction services? Then APPLY now– email your Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com before 12pm on Friday 28th May’21.
For more information about the job, please download the Job Description: https://ember.org.nz/careers/ or contact Ember HR on 09 523 2790.