Kaiārahi Māori Strategic Manager
E aku rahi, e aku nui, e aku rau rangatira mā, nei rā te mihi kau ana ki a koutou katoa.
He pōwhiri tēnei ki a koutou ngā kaiārahi i ngā kaupapa e tautoko ana i ngā tāngata whai ora ki te tono mai i tēnei kaupapa.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Kaiārahi Māori Strategic Manager is responsible for guiding Comcare through a process of evolving a partnership approach with Māori and ensure the organisation has the capability and capacity to uphold Te Tiriti o Waitangi and focus on Māori health equity in fulfilling our mission.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, the role includes wider community engagement, as well as growing cultural competence and providing advice to the organisation.
Provide leadership and strategic direction on the development and implementation of an engagement plan to progress partnerships and relationships with Māori.
Support the development of staff cultural competence, including te reo Māori and tikanga capabilities.
Provide critical analysis and advice in the redevelopment of the organisation’s Māori responsiveness strategy focussing on achieving Māori health equity.
YOU WILL HAVE
- Strong iwi networks and prior expertise building linkages with iwi, hapū and Kaupapa Māori organisations.
- Highly developed knowledge of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Crown obligations to Māori development and wellbeing.
- Competency in te reo Māori me ona tikanga.
- Evidence of having developed Māori cultural competence in organisations.
- Ideally a first-hand experience or strong interest in supporting those who have lived and are affected by mental illness, distress and/or addiction.
- Strong communication skills and high level written and verbal proficiencies.
- Solid experience in influencing people, leading work programmes and change management.
- Experience planning and delivering seminars and trainings.
- In return Comcare provides a supportive and positive culture that is committed to the ongoing development of its workforce.
“Ko te whakaora, he hīkoi whakāmarama. Māna anō tōna ake ara whakaora e whakarau”
“A journey of discovery where an individual leads their own unique process of moving forwards”
Applications close 28 January 2022 at 4pm.
Under the Covid-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 and as part of Health and Safety at Comcare Trust, we require all new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This means you will need to provide confirmation that you are fully vaccinated before you can commence employment in this role.
The Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from Comcare's website by copying and pasting the following link into your browser; http://www.comcare.org.nz/current-vacancies/ and clicking on the relevant links.
Only job applications that include a completed Comcare Application form will be considered.
If you have any questions, please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com.