The Odyssey Assessment, Admissions and Continuing Care service is now looking to recruit a full-time permanent Liaison Practitioner to join our experienced team based at our facility in New Lynn.
The Liaison Practitioner role in this service is responsible for delivering safe, professional, and effective clinical case management to assist individuals and their whānau to prepare for residential treatment. This role provides exciting opportunities to utilize and perfect your clinical toolbox by supporting service users on their journey to recovery. You will also support individuals following treatment as part of our ongoing continuing care engagement.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
• Relevant qualification/degree in health, social services, mental health and/or addictions
• An understanding of the Therapeutic Community (TC) Model
• Motivational interviewing, Clinical Assessment and Risk Management expertise
• Excellent one to one and group facilitation skills
• A high multitasking and organizational ability
• Significant experience working in the AOD field
• A full, clean NZ driver’s licence
In return, we offer:
• A competitive salary based on our updated remuneration framework
• 22 days annual leave
• 5 days paid study leave per annum
• Monday to Friday day-based hours, no weekends!
• Professional challenges and varied work that supports the community.
• A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
• A healthy workplace, which is smoke free
Odyssey has celebrated over 30 years of supporting people to change their lives. We deliver high quality, comprehensive services for people with an addiction to alcohol and other drugs and/or gambling. Offering a diverse range of programs and services, Odyssey operates from eight treatment centers in Auckland and Whangarei.
This position offers the chance for you to work in a fun, supportive workplace with access to ongoing professional development and an opportunity to make a real difference to the health and well-being of our clients and their whānau.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
To apply, please include a CV, cover letter and complete the additional information questionnaire form which can be found under your individual Odyssey recruitment profile. Please note that for applicants applying via SEEK an email will be sent to you with a link to access this individual profile. For all enquiries, please contact Ursula Mochocka on 021578262
Closing date: Tuesday, 12 October 2021