Māori Strategic Lead
E mihi ana ki te rangi
E mihi ana ki te whenua
E mihi ana ki ngā tāngata
E kimi ana koe i tetahi huarahi mahi hōu hei whakamātau i ōu pukenga, i oū pūmanawa mahi?
E karanga ana tenei ki tetahi tangata e matatau ana ki ōna tikanga.
He turanga hou tenei ki Wise Group kei Tāmaki Makaurau.
Do you want to be a part of ending homelessness in Auckland?
Based in Ellerslie, Auckland
Full-time, Working 40 hours per week
This is a new role that will work closely with colleagues from the Housing First Auckland backbone team and across the Housing First Auckland Collective to drive initiatives that build a systems change approach to ending homelessness, with a focus on ensuring that Housing First works for Māori.
Reporting to the Programme Manager, you will coach and influence the backbone team to ensure Te Ao Maori perspectives are integrated in our collective mahi. You will support the Housing First Auckland Collective Kaupapa Māori Group to ensure Housing First delivers successful housing outcomes for whānau Maori through collective impact.
This position will be based in Auckland working 40 hours per week, 8.30am to 5.00pm
About Housing First Auckland
Housing First Auckland is a collective of six organisations working together so that homelessness in Auckland will be rare, brief and non-recurring. We take a Collective Impact approach, aiming to achieve social and structural changes by working collectively and collaboratively.
The backbone team sits within the Wise Group and provides infrastructure and resources, including programme planning and coordination, for Housing First Auckland’s shared model approach.
Māori are significantly over-represented among those experiencing homelessness and housing instability in Aotearoa. As a collective, we aim to ensure that our services meet the needs of the people accessing them and lead to equity for Māori, as well as reflect Māori aspirations and perspectives.
· A seasoned senior advisor and influencer with experience of collaborating and building credibility across a range of stakeholders to achieve key strategic outcomes
· A strong understanding of and the ability to move confidently within Te Ao Māori
· Customer-centric and driven to improve whānau outcomes
· A passion for and experience bringing Te Ao Māori approaches to influence change in the public or NGO sector
· Ability to build strategic plans and communicate vision
· Experience in leading and delivering a range of strategic and/or operational initiatives
· An understanding of homelessness, government systems, community NGO sector
· The ability to understand and apply the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
· Strong written communication and presentation skills
· A team mindset and flexibility to work across multiple workstreams to achieve the collective outcomes and priorities.
Preferred (one or more of the following):
· Experience in working from Te Ao Māori perspectives to provide informed policy advice on performance and delivery to senior leaders, advisors and managers.
· Demonstrated experience in working with Māori on projects and initiatives
· Experience in monitoring and evaluating programmes or initiatives.
In this role, you can look forward to flexible work arrangements, extra leave, subsidies for school holiday childcare and a great team around you every day working in an organisation that believes in its purpose. Be part of a supportive work environment where life balance is encouraged, people are valued and new solutions are the norm!
Ready to take a look at Housing First? Then apply now.
Position Description: https://www.wisegroup.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Maori-Strategic-Lead-Housing-First-Auckland-27-May-2021.pdf
Contact: Tracey Moore – Programme Manager, Housing First Auckland on Tracey.Moore@housingfirst.co.nz if you have any questions.
Closing Date: 14 June 2021, please note, this advert may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found prior to the closing date.
Housing First Auckland backbone is supported by Wise Management Services, part of the Wise Group. For further information, visit our websites www.housingfirst.co.nz and www.wisegroup.co.nz.
**All new appointees require background checking. Under the requirements of the Vulnerable Children's Act 2014, new employees that are identified as coming under this act are required to undergo further safety checks as part of the recruitment process.