We’re looking for an exceptional individual who wants to make a difference for Mental Health and Addictions in the Eastern Bay of Plenty. We have a permanent, full-time role which is focused on providing Senior Manager support to the services provided in the Eastern Bay and who will advocate for improving services.
This a new and developing role. Although there are some operational management responsibilities for the adult community team, the successful candidate will be utilising their operational skills and knowledge to create strong collaborative relationships and lead change through influence across all the services in the Eastern Bay including the child and youth and adult inpatient unit. A strong focus on equity and quality is imperative. The successful applicant will work with PHO, NGO and other stakeholders to improve integration and create collaborative systems.
Mental Health and Addiction Services are currently in a changing environment and there is opportunity to support transformational change for future integrated service models. We’re looking for people who want to utilise their leadership abilities, passion, dedication, experience and skills to deliver the services of the future.
- Have previous leadership and operational management experience?
- Have the ability to lead in a collaborative space where influence is key?
- Have dedication to working in partnership to honour Te Tiriti o Waitangi?
- Have the ability to think outside the square, be creative and come up with solutions?
- Have the ability to inspire a team and to get their buy-in to be a centre of excellence?
- Have postgraduate experience in Mental Health? (If you are a nurse you also need to have Mental Health in your Scope of Practice)?
- Have exceptional communication skills with the ability to support a team of dedicated professionals and develop strong relationships with stakeholders?
- Have a passion for utilising the individual skills and attributes of your team to create a work environment that fosters collaboration, recognition and resilience?
- Possess the skills to be present for your team when they need you?
- Want to make sure tangata whaiora/clients and their families are at the centre of care – ensuring safe and culturally effective practice is maintained?
Are you looking for:
- The opportunity to make an impact in a service that has significant opportunity for change.
- The opportunity to use your management and leadership skills/experience to lead an exciting team?
Then this is the opportunity for you!
For further enquiries contact Jen Boryer on 027 555 1158 or apply now!
Living in the sunniest place in New Zealand isn’t the only reason people have to smile in the Eastern Bay of Plenty. Our stunning region offers New Zealand’s recently voted favourite beach, endless other coastlines to ancient forests and is blessed with breath-taking landscapes and rich Māori culture. We showcase the perfect place to explore a wide range of nature-based pursuits – you don’t have to forsake your career either, in fact why not enhance it with a better work-life balance.
See and Do | Whakatāne NZ
The Bay of Plenty District Health Board has an innovative culture where staff share the principles of Compassion, All-One-Team, Responsive and Excellence in their daily work. The successful applicant will have to provide evidence they are compassionate, team spirited, responsive to needs and with an attitude of always striving for excellence.
The BOPDHB are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
All applications are to be made online.