- Are you passionate about making a difference in people’s lives?
- Do you want to positively impact the health and wellbeing of whānau and communities?
- Do you have a strong sense of social justice and the drive and determination to create change?
Then this could be the position for you! We are seeking an experienced communications professional, who can implement marketing campaigns when required, to join our PGF Group team in Auckland. You will need an eye for opportunity and the ability to strategically work on, at times, sensitive issues. This role is based at our national office in Grafton, Auckland, and reports to the Director, Marketing and Communications.
The Problem Gambling Foundation is now trading as PGF Group, the overarching brand for PGF Services (counselling and health promotion), Asian Family Services and Mapu Maia. Our mission at PGF Group is Enhancing the mana of individuals, families and communities: to be free from gambling harm.
Harmful gambling is a significant social issue in New Zealand and at PGF Group, we work with communities, district and city councils, gambling providers and policy makers to support the change necessary to reduce gambling harm.
Our nationwide team consists of qualified counsellors providing free, professional and confidential counselling services for both gamblers and others affected by gambling and a dedicated public health team working on harmful gambling issues in the community using a health promotion approach.
We are committed to delivering a mana enhancing service and the health, safety and wellbeing of all staff is important to us. We value the connections you have with your community and encourage people with diverse backgrounds to apply.
About the role
We are looking for someone to:
- Manage the organisation’s digital platforms, including social media and website(s)
- Manage the publication and distribution of our internal and external communications materials
- Manage communications for campaigns
- Lead internal communications initiatives
- Develop resources and provide communications support for the public health team
- Lead marketing campaigns when required
- Lead the stakeholder engagement strategy
- Liaise with Territorial Local Authorities, elected members and key government agencies from time to time
- Assist with event planning
- Assist with media relations
- Completed relevant tertiary qualification in communications with experience in a similar role
- Proven ability to work and communicate with priority populations – Māori, Pasifika and Asian
- Demonstrated experience in campaign communications
- Proficiency in desktop publishing content and design, and social media management
- Experience in website content management systems
- Exceptional writing, proofing and editing skills
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills – Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel
- Full Driver’s Licence
What we Offer
- Flexible working environment
- Five weeks annual leave
- Medical insurance
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience
- Latest smartphone and laptop
- Phone plan
- Career development and training opportunities
- Fortnightly external supervision
- Use of company vehicle
- One day of Birthday leave
If you want to make a difference in reducing the harm associated with problem gambling in our communities, then we want to hear from you! Applications will close at 5.00 pm on 14 January 2022 unless filled prior but please apply early as suitable applicants may be contacted prior to the closing date.
Please note: To apply for this role you must be eligible to work in New Zealand.
We are committed to protecting the health, safety and well-being of our staff and clients, and in accordance with the COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, all our staff need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or medically exempt. Therefore, we are only able to consider applicants who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a New Zealand Ministry of Health issued medical exemption and evidence of this will be requested as part of your employment.
For any recruitment queries, please contact Sasha John at HR@pgf.nz