Wintec’s Centre for Health and Social Practice is seeking highly motivated and experienced Mental Health and Addiction educator to join the Centre as an Academic Staff Member.
About the role
The Centre has a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and our programmes are underpinned by an experiential approach to learning which links work, education, and personal and professional development. As a Wintec staff member, through culturally responsive teaching practices you would be facilitating teaching and learning which is learner centred, authentic and inquiry based in the postgraduate and undergraduate nursing programmes.
Importance is placed upon ensuring that graduates are work-ready and well prepared to gain employment or to enhance and extend employment opportunities. In this position, you will take a lead in teaching mental health and addictions and related subject areas.
This is a permanent, full-time role.
Are you the ideal candidate?
We are looking for people who are passionate about mental health and addiction and have the following:
- Registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand and hold a current Annual Practising Certificate (or be eligible to apply for both)
- Current knowledge and experience with a range of mental health and addiction practices, issues and contexts.
- A doctoral or master qualification (or working towards) in nursing or a health profession, with a current clinical, education and/or research background
- Relevant teaching qualification, or be committed to completing a tertiary teaching qualification within two years of employment
- Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and will be required to undergo relevant pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant will have well developed industry links; and current or recent practice experience in mental health and addiction is essential.
Working at Wintec
Wintec continues to be one of the leading tertiary institutes by keeping up with industry trends and focusing on innovation. You’ll be supported to stay industry connected and have generous opportunities to develop your career through the professional development opportunities available to you. Join the Centre for Health and Social Practice and take the next exciting step in your career. Lead change shape the world at Wintec – apply now and accept a leadership challenge.
There is no specific closing date for this position. Applications will be reviewed as received and you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible. Applications close when the position is filled.