We are now looking for Mental Health/Alcohol and Other Drugs Clinician to join our Te Wairua (co-existing disorders service) team in Royal Oak. This role involves working a shift-based roster, with flexible hours including some evenings and one shift in the weekend.
We are ideally seeking candidates who have:
• A relevant Level 7 qualification in health, social work or mental health
• Up to 1 years’ experience working with clients and their family/whanau in a social-services, addictions and/or mental health setting
• A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) model
• Skills in group and individual therapy
• Motivational interviewing experience
• Experience working in the AOD/mental health field
• A full, clean NZ driver's licence
In return we can offer:
• A competitive salary based on our updated remuneration bands
• Paid meal breaks
• Annual payment of your relevant registration requirements
• Free meals (lunch or dinner) and free fruit – every day!
• 22 days annual leave
• Professional and career development opportunities.
• A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
Odyssey supports people to change their lives through the delivery of high quality, comprehensive community and residential services for people experiencing mental health issues and/or an addiction to alcohol, other’s drugs or gambling.
The Te Wairua service delivers support utilizing a modified “Therapeutic Community” approach for those living with mental health challenges as well as alcohol/drug/gambling dependency.
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter and complete the additional information questionnaire online. For all enquiries, please contact Ursula Mochocka on 09 623 1447 ext. 727.
We particularly encourage applications from Māori and Pasifika candidates.
Closing date: Tuesday, 5th October 2021
Please note that police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are required for this role. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.