We are now looking for a Mental Health/Alcohol and Other Drugs Clinician to join our Te Wairua (Co-Existing Disorders Service) team in Northland (based in Kamo). The role involves working a shift-based roster, with flexible hours including some evenings and one shift in the weekend.
We are seeking candidates who have:
· A relevant Level 7 qualification in health, social work or mental health
· A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) model
· Skills in group and individual therapy
· Motivational interviewing experience
· Experience working in the AOD/mental health field
· A full, clean NZ driver's licence
In return we can offer:
· A competitive salary based on our increased remuneration bands
· Paid meal breaks
· Annual payment of your relevant registration requirements
· 5 days paid study leave
· Free meals (lunch or dinner) and free fruit – every day!
· 22 days annual leave
Odyssey supports people to change their lives through the delivery of high quality, comprehensive community and residential services for people experiencing mental health issues and/or an addiction to alcohol, other’s drugs or gambling.
The Te Wairua service delivers support utilizing a modified “Therapeutic Community” approach for those living with mental health challenges as well as alcohol/drug/gambling dependency.
If you are practical, results driven, can problem solve and can relate well to people and can use a combination of life skills and work-related experience then this could be the job for you.
Police and MSD clearance checks will be required for this role. Applicants must also hold a full clean NZ driver license. Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organization.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply, please include a CV, cover letter and complete the additional information questionnaire form which can be found under your individual Odyssey recruitment profile. Please note that for applicants applying via SEEK an email will be sent to you with a link to access this individual profile. For all enquiries, please contact Ula Mochocka on 021 578 262.
Closing date: Friday, 7 October 2021