We are now looking for a Mental Health/Alcohol and Other Drugs Clinician to join our Te Wairua (Co-Existing Disorders Service) team in Royal Oak. The role involves working a shift-based roster, with flexible hours including some evenings and one shift in the weekend.
We are ideally seeking candidates who have:
· A relevant Level 7 qualification in health, social work or mental health
· A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) model
· Skills in group and individual therapy
· Motivational interviewing experience
· Experience working in the AOD/mental health field
· A full, clean NZ driver's licence
Odyssey supports people to change their lives through the delivery of high quality, comprehensive community and residential services for people experiencing mental health issues and/or an addiction to alcohol, other’s drugs or gambling.
The Te Wairua service delivers support utilizing a modified “Therapeutic Community” approach for those living with mental health challenges as well as alcohol/drug/gambling dependency.
If you are practical, results driven, can problem solve and can relate well to people and can use a combination of life skills and work-related experience then this could be the job for you.
In return we can offer:
· A competitive salary based on our updated remuneration bands
· Paid meal breaks
· Annual payment of your relevant registration requirements
· Free meals (lunch or dinner) and free fruit – every day!
· 22 days annual leave
Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
To apply, please include a CV, cover letter and complete the additional information questionnaire form which can be found under your individual Odyssey recruitment profile. Please note that for applicants applying via SEEK an email will be sent to you with a link to access this individual profile. For all enquiries, please contact Jared Johanson on 09 2815653
Closing date: Friday, 27 August 2021