The MHA Gambling Professional role provides advice and support to consumers and their family/whanau that are accessing support for gambling harm. While gambling services will be the primary focus, other mahi will include delivering support across the addictions services and to any person that present on other services who require specialist gambling and addictions support.
Duties are carried out according to a scheduled bi-weekly roster.
This is a 40 hour per week role - full-time
About the role
Provide effective brief, early intervention and support to Mental Health and Addictions service users, as per Homecare Medical policy and procedures.
- Risk identification, crisis management and safety planning
- Interventions and support planning delivered
- Information provision and increase awareness of the impact of gambling and addictions harm.
- Referral, warm transfer, and signposting
- Follow up and internal transfers
- Apply support across the communication channels (plus others) as required: Phone; Email; SMS/Txt; Web messaging/chat; Social Media
- Participate in quality improvement and service developments and support ethical service delivery
- Undertake any shift supervision duties as required and have oversight of the wider service and call flows
- Deliver services to callers who present with complex needs
- Completed qualification in relevant field e.g. addictions, nursing, psychology, psychotherapy, occupational therapy, social work.
- Current registration with a professional body held, such as: Addictions Practitioners Association Aotearoa-New Zealand (DAPAANZ); New Zealand Association of Counsellors (NZAC); Social Work Registration Board (SWRB)
- Ideally three or more years experience in gambling harm focussed role
- Experience supporting people with harm from alcohol and other drug addictions
- Ideally, experience working in a Telehealth or similar role, e.g. Helplines/eTherapy
- Experience in coaching and supervision
Homecare Medical is a leader in New Zealand's virtual healthcare landscape.We bring together a range of national helplines including Need to talk 1737, Alcohol and Drug Helpline, Gambling Helpline - to provide 24/7 support online and over the phone.
As part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported Pokohiwi Ki Pokohiwi (shoulder to shoulder) with on-going learning and development, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable leadership team. We value lived experience.
If you are ready to have a positive impact on the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders, we would love to hear from you!