Never worry again that COVID lock down restrictions could impact on your mahi. Be part of the growing team that provides critical front-line psychological support to the community in this time of need.
Provide brief counselling and support to a wide range of tangata whaiora across Aotearoa. In return we provide the following:
- Good hourly rate, including penal rates for weekends and overnight and other benefits
- Strong focus on professional development with external supervision provided along with support for professional development
- Work from our purpose-built offices in Auckland, Wellington, or Christchurch initially and then have the opportunity to transition to work from home after three months when certain criteria are met
- Set rosters so you have consistent shifts and hours
- Extremely supportive team environment working with others from around the country
About the role
This role is dynamic and diverse and will see you working as a part of a supportive collaborative overnight team. You will work collaboratively with tangata whaiora and concerned whanau on a range of issues including anxiety, depression and other mood disorders, trauma, loneliness, relationship issues, alcohol and other drug use and problem gambling.
More specifically your role will involve the following:
- Brief telehealth support and counselling: assessment and support planning, linking to face-to-face services, and providing crisis support
- Accurately recording client information and writing brief clinical notes
- Working with regular tangata whaiora that have a specific support plan to guide your approach
- Using your counselling and support skills across different channels including phone, email, SMS, and online chat
- Participating in continuous improvement of quality and service developments
- Ensuring ethical, culturally sensitive service delivery for all tangata whaiora
- One to two years studying towards qualification (ideally, completed or working towards a bachelor's degree in relevant field) and/or three years work experience in relevant field e.g. counselling, addictions
- Nursing, psychology, psychotherapy, occupational therapy, social work
- Experience of supervision or coaching
- Working towards registration with a relevant body within the mental health and addictions field
- Ideally, six months of experience working in Telehealth or similar role, e.g., helplines / eTherapy/F2F counselling or therapy
- Fluency in Te Reo or Pasifika languages is desirable
Homecare Medical is a leader in New Zealand's virtual healthcare landscape. We bring together a range of national helplines including Need to talk 1737, Alcohol and Drug Helpline, Gambling Helpline and to provide 24/7 support online and over the phone.
As part of our well-respected national organisation, you will be supported Pokohiwi Ki Pokohiwi (shoulder to shoulder) with on-going learning and development, guidance and coaching from a knowledgeable leadership team.We value lived experience.
If you are ready to have a positive impact on the lives and well-being of your fellow New Zealanders, we would love to hear from you!