Inpatient Mental Health unit
- Casual - as and when required
- Work with a great team!
About the team
The Inpatient Mental Health unit is a purpose-built modern facility where care is provided by a multidisciplinary team with a broad background of experience. We work in close partnership with community teams, allied health care professionals and local education providers to facilitate a working environment that is supportive, challenging and reflects evidence of ongoing professional growth whilst meeting the needs of a diverse population with mental illness.
Our Mental Health Assistants are key members who assist and support our nursing and allied health staff to ensure an effective and efficient service in the Inpatient Mental Health Unit. You'll need a positive attitude and very good communication skills, be able to take direction and work well as part of team.
Our ideal applicant will be confident in providing support and assisting patients; be motivated, display initiative, be patient-focussed at all times and be able to adapt to a changing, and at times challenging, environment.
Computer literacy is essential and experience working with people in the health sector is an advantage.
We look forward to hearing from you if feel that you meet the criteria in the attached position description.
Note you will require a full driver licence for this role. If working on an 'as and when required' basis suits you, please apply today!
About the Southern DHB
Southern District Health Board (Southern DHB) exists to support everyone across our district to live well, and access the right care when they need it, by delivering high quality, patient-centred and equitable health services to our diverse communities.
With beautiful scenery and loads of attractions right on your doorstep there is always something do. There is also a lively restaurant and café scene, not to mention world class local attractions like Bill Richardson Transport World and Motorcycle Mecca.
Why don't you check out https://careers.southernhealth.nz/ for what the region and we can offer you and your whanau.
View position description
Closing date: Sunday, 21 November 2021.
Due to the fast paced nature of the DHB, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don't delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Do you currently work for Southern DHB? If so, please apply for this role via the internal careers site.
For further information please contact Caroline, Recruitment Advisor - Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Directorate, Phone (03) 214 5769 or email email@example.com
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
- occupational health assessment
- police vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS - Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Southern DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated as a health care worker. If you have already been fully vaccinated you will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff. If you are not yet fully vaccinated you must make arrangements to undertake your first vaccination no later than the 15 November 2021 and be fully vaccinated, as required by the Order, by 1 January 2022.