Where you’ll be working: Henry Rongomau Bennett Centre on campus at Waikato Hospital – Adult Inpatient Ward 34
The details: Permanent – 80 hours per fortnight - Rostered
We have a position available in our acute mental health ward based at the Henry Rongomau Bennett Centre for those who have a passion for mental health.
About the service:
The mental health and addictions service deliver a variety of services across the Waikato region. We are a service undertaking a huge programme of change to deliver better outcomes to tāngata whai ora and whānau in our region. Nga iwi Ngakaunui - people at the heart is demonstrated best in mental health and addictions, people really are at the heart of all that we do. We know how important strong relationships are; with people who access our services, with their whānau and with the communities we serve.
About the role:
You will support the service user / Tangata Whaiora to gain stability in their mental health, whilst supporting a recovery pathway.
Required skills & experience:
• previous work experience in a mental health setting
• excellent communication skills and commit to ongoing education and development
• willing and available to work rostered rotating shifts.
Please click here to view the position description.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
What we can offer:
• working within a supportive multidisciplinary team with a recovery focus under the direction of a registered nurse
• training and continuous professional development
• regular supervision
• support and in-service training.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email.
For more information or if you would like to arrange a visit, please contact Lynne Davies, Charge Nurse Manager, Ward 34 on (07) 839 8899.
Application closing date: 12 September 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga