Where you’ll be working: Puna Maatai, Henry Rongomau Bennett Centre, Waikato Hospital Hamilton
The details: Permanent – 80 rostered hours per fortnight
Are you a mental health assistant with a passion for working in mental health?
About the service:
The mental health and addictions service deliver a variety of services across the Waikato region. We are a service undertaking a huge programme of change to deliver better outcomes to tāngata whai ora and whānau in our region. Nga iwi Ngakaunui - people at the heart is demonstrated best in mental health and addictions, people really are at the heart of all that we do. We know how important strong relationships are; with people who access our services, with their whānau and with the communities we serve.
About the role:
We have an exciting position for an enrolled nurse or psychiatric assistant to join our team. Your role will include working alongside registered nurses, supporting delivery of care and providing therapeutic interventions and advocacy for people coming into our service. You will support and walk alongside individuals to help them work towards achieving their optimal wellbeing.
In this role you will:
• work within a supportive multidisciplinary team, with a recovery focus
• be provided training and continuous professional development opportunities
• be given a comprehensive orientation to the service
• work in a varied and challenging but rewarding environment
• have the opportunity to support attendance and delivery of therapeutic programmes
• have the opportunity to develop effective and sustained therapeutic relationships, and support people as they progress on their recovery journey.
Required skills & experience:
• a dynamic and motivated individual who has a passion for working with people experiencing mental health issues
• a great team player with a positive attitude who displays initiative
• someone who demonstrates good attention to detail
• someone with excellent communication skills
• someone who has knowledge and experience of working in secure environment (this would be an advantage but not essential)
Please click here to view the position description.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Māori communities.
Please apply directly online, applications are not able to be accepted via email. For any specific queries about the role, please contact Robyn Payne in the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application closing date: 15 September 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
• Give and earn respect - Whakamana
• Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
• Fair play – Mauri Pai
• Growing the good – Whakapakari
• Stronger together – Kotahitanga