Odyssey supports people to change their lives through the delivery of high quality, comprehensive community and residential services for people experiencing mental health issues and/or an addiction to alcohol, others drugs or gambling.
We are now looking for mental health clinician to join our team to work at our community residential service. The days of work for this role are Monday to Friday. Our service supports people experiencing mental health and addiction (alcohol, drug and gambling) issues.
The successful candidate will have:
· A relevant qualification (level 7) e.g. in social work, health science, psychology
· A minimum of two years relevant experience including experience managing and treating clients and their family/whānau in a health-related setting
· Registration with social work or other professional body under HPCA Act or with DAPAANZ, or a willingness to become registered within a reasonable timeframe
· A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) model
· Skills in facilitating group and individual therapy
· Experience in Motivational Interviewing, clinical assessment and risk management
· Knowledge of Te Reo and/or Tikanga Maori is desirable
· A full, clean NZ driver's licence
If you have strong relational skills, clinical expertise and want to take your career to the next level, this is the job for you.
In return, we offer:
· A competitive salary and 27 days annual leave
· Learning and development opportunities
· Varied work that supports the community
· A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do
· Free fruit and lunch every day!
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role and it will involve a rostered on-call responsibility.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Ursula Mochocka on 09 623 1447 ext. 727.
Closing date: Thursday, 13 May 2021