Join our Emerge team working within Corrections environments - we're serious about what we do, and helping our tangata whaiora.
- Looking for a career opportunity that is challenging, exciting and offers development?
- Do you have a desire to develop, coach and support others to grow?
- Come join our team at Tangariro Prison!
He kōrero mō mātou - About us
Emerge Aotearoa is a national provider of mental health, addiction, disability, offender rehabilitation, wellbeing and housing services. We believe that everyone is capable of living full and rich lives in their communities of choice. In every aspect of our work we are committed to helping whānau be the best they can be.
He kōrero mōu - About you
You will align with our values and be passionate about our kaupapa. This includes genuinely embracing our commitment to Maori and Pasifika. You'll have an unequivocal commitment to respecting the rights and supporting those with mental distress. You'll have loads of resilience and a good sense of humour. Importantly, you'll have a talent for developing, coaching and supporting others to grow.
It is also essential that you meet the following requirements:
- Registered with a Professional Body covered by HPCA 2003 Act - RN, OT, Clinical Psychologist/Psychologist or a Registered Social Worker (Applications from other Registered Health Professionals may be considered)
- Hold a current APC
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to undertake a comprehensive mental health assessment and provide appropriate brief interventions i.e. talking therapies
- Mental Health experience working with individuals presenting with a variety of mental health needs
- Be eligible to work in New Zealand
Ko tā mātou mahi - We offer
In addition to being key to the delivery of our services, you'll be doing so in a national organisation with opportunities for you to grow and develop. You'll join a group of people that live by our values - which means you can take pride in not just what we achieve, but how we achieve it.
Importantly, we advocate for your wellbeing! With three days of wellbeing leave on offer, you can proactively manage your health and wellbeing.
And finally, you'll want to work here because we are committed to diversity and inclusion. So, you don't have to worry about putting on a fake work persona. Come as you are, and just be you!
Me pēhea te tono mai - How to apply
Click the apply button now and upload your CV and cover letter telling us about yourself!
This role will be advertised until filled so apply today.
Please note -In response to the Covid-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 as well as the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination, including booster dose(s), for this role. For more information, please see Covid-19 information site