POIPOIA TE KAKANO KIA PUAWAI - Nurture the seed and it will blossom
He kōrero mō mātou - About us
EaseUp is an exciting youth community now opening a new service in the Waitemata region. Due to the service expansion we are looking for a part time AOD/Mental Health Clinician to join our team.
You will work in an innovative service, supporting young people aged 12-24 years to make changes to their alcohol and other drug use and/or mental health. The service operates across the WDHB region and staff work closely alongside other providers.
Much of the services offered by the team are provided to people in their own homes and communities. The service works within the principles of abstinence and harm reduction and in a holistic manner, recognising the multi-faceted problems that co-exist with mental health and/or alcohol and other drug challenges.
Ngā Ratonga - Our services
EaseUp is an exciting new community-based service located Mt Wellington and we are looking for two registered mental health professionals, Alcohol and other Drug Clinician to join the our all-inclusive whanau.
You will have the opportunity to work in an innovative addictions assessment and treatment setting supporting youth aged 12-24 years. Much of the services offered by the team are provided to people in their own homes and communities.
The service works within the principles of abstinence and harm reduction and in a holistic manner, recognising the multi-faceted problems that co-exist with AOD addiction. You will be a resilient natural leader, approachable, happy to support and offer guidance to colleagues, and most importantly who a Service Manager can trust and rely on.
He kōrero mō te tūranga - The role
Our Clinicians are responsible for providing clinical assessment and treatment for young people presenting with substance use issues and/or mental health issues. Young people are supported to work towards their holistic goals by your integration of clinical expertise and competencies, with recovery approaches. Completing client pathway administration is also a large part of the role.
We are looking for bubbly, superstar team players who are flexible to change; as we navigate through the learnings within the new service.
This vacancy is for a one permanent, one part-time position, based in Mt Wellington and operates Monday to Friday.
He kōrero mōu - About you
- Current full APC - either DAPAANZ or registration with a Professional Body covered by HCPA 2003 Act or Social Worker Registration Act 2003
- A passion for and understanding of working with youth
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong personal and professional boundaries and self-care strategies
- Well-developed documentation and computer skills
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
- Demonstrated commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and culturally safe practice
- A current full clean driver's licence
Ko tā mātou mahi - We offer
- Safe and supportive work environment where employees are valued
- Opportunity to be part of a passionate new youth service
- A company that is committed to professional development
- Join a great team of people who care about supporting and making a difference
- You'll be rewarded by helping people to reach their goals - in return we'll also help you reach yours
Me pēhea te tono mai - How to apply
To apply for this role please visit our careers site careers.emergeaotearoa.org.nz and register your details - This role will be advertised until filled.
Realising potential - Tautokohia te mana tangata
Please note: In response to the extension of the Covid-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 as well as the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination for this role. For more information, please see Covid-19 information site.