Location: Wellington, Hutt Valley or the Wairarapa
Contract: Permanent Full Time (some roles may be .93FTE) or Part-time & Casual
Service: Mental Health, Addictions & Intellectual Disability Services - Acute Inpatient Services - youth and adult, Regional Forensic and Rehabilitation Services, Intellectual (Learning) Disability Services, Older Persons, Community Mental Health Teams (General Adult), Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services & teams Addictions Service, Mental Health Needs Assessment Service, Central Region Eating Disorder Services (CREDS), Consultation Liaison, Crisis Resolution Service (CRS), Early Intervention (In Psychosis) Service, Health Pasifika, Regional Personality Disorder Service (RPDS), Specialist Maternal Mental Health Service, TACT and Te Roopu Āramuka Whāroaroa, Te Whare Marie Māori Mental Health Service
Incoming applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
About the role:
We have vacancies for registered nurses with post registration education / learning and experience specifically in the area of mental health and / or intellectual disability / learning disability.
We are seeking candidates who:
- Have post registration specialisation in the field of mental health / intellectual disability / learning disability
- Hold a registration with New Zealand Nursing Council
- Meet police vetting requirements.
- Hold a current practising certificate
- Hold a full NZ driving licence (not compulsory for all areas)
If you are an experienced general / comprehensive trained nurse interested in moving to the mental health, addiction and intellectual disability sector we are happy to discuss development and education opportunities that will assist you in making the transition.
We also welcome overseas applications. If you are an overseas nurse interested in moving to New Zealand you will need to:
- Pass the IELTS (Academic)
- Have registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand (if you have restrictions to scope, these must be either mental health or learning disability/intellectual disability)
Interested overseas nurses should establish their eligibility for registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand & Immigration New Zealand BEFORE applying for the role.
- The opportunity to extend your experience and career
- Access to ongoing professional development and education
- A competitive salary package
- The opportunity to be part of a high performing and supportive team
Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs – Capital & Coast, Hutt Valley and the Wairarapa District Health Board’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAID services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa. Te Korowai Whariki services include regional forensic and rehabilitation services covering the Central region while the intellectual disability services extend the length and breadth of the country from six bases located in Whangarei, Auckland, Cambridge, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin.
How to apply:
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format.
If you have queries please email email@example.com