Location: Wellington, Hutt Valley or the Wairarapa
Contract: Permanent Full Time (some roles may be .93FTE) or Part-time
Service: Community MH Teams - General Adult - Mental Health, Addictions & Intellectual Disability Services
Applications will be reviewed weekly.
About the community mental health teams:
Our community mental health teams work with people in the community who may require ongoing support and treatment. We provide of a range of services for adults with moderate to severe mental illness or psychological distress. Services are provided via multi-disciplinary teams which include psychiatrists, nurses, psychologists, occupational therapists, social workers.
About the role:
We are seeking experienced registered nurses who have:
- Post registration education/learning and experience relevant to the specialty area of mental health
- Registration with New Zealand Nursing Council.
- Meet police vetting requirements
- A current practising certificate.
- A full NZ driving licence (not compulsory for all areas).
If you are an overseas nurse interested in moving to NZ, the process involves:
- Passing the IELTS (Academic)
- Registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand (if you have restrictions to scope these must be mental health)
Immigration: Applicants should FIRST establish their eligibility for registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand & Immigration New Zealand.
If you are an experienced General /Comprehensive trained nurse interested in moving to the MHAIDS sector we are also able to discuss development and education opportunities that will assist you in making this transition.
For the right candidate the Service will offer:
- A competitive salary package
- The opportunity to extend your experience and career
- Access to ongoing professional development and education.
Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service MHAIDS spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAID services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa. Te Korowai Whariki services include regional forensic and rehabilitation services covering the Central region while the intellectual disability services extend the length and breadth of the country from six bases located in Whangarei, Auckland, Cambridge, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin.
How to apply:
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. If you have queries please email email@example.com