Contract: Fixed term (to February 2022), part time .6fte
Service: CAMHS Wellington (Hania Street)
About the role
Our dynamic and enthusiastic multi-disciplinary Wellington Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) team have a passion for providing specialist assessment and treatment to infants, children, young people and their families when there is a mental health concern. They are dedicated to improving access for children and young people and working together with families. To achieve this they operate within a Choice and Partnership Approach. You will fit into a strong team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour, and respect across disciplines.
- assessment and treatment of infants, children, young people and their families
- risk assessment and management
- multi-disciplinary team working
- community liaison
- discipline specific skills
Skills & experience
- New Zealand Registered Mental Health Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Clinical Psychologist or Social Worker with a Current Annual Practicing Certificate
- Skills and expertise in working with adolescents and their families, bi-cultural and multi-cultural work practices, multi-disciplinary team working, and community liaison
- The ideal applicant will have experience in the child and adolescent mental health sector and a proven ability of working with a multi-disciplinary team
About our organisation
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
How to apply
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Please ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. For further information on this role, please email Ben.Cowell@mhaids.health.nz