Nau mai, haere mai ki Ūpoko ki te uru hauora.
Contract: 0.6 FTE, Fixed term position, covering parental leave until 30.03.2022.
Service: Wellington Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) team
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join our multi-disciplinary Wellington Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) team.
We are a dynamic and enthusiastic team with a passion for providing specialist assessment and treatment to infants, children, young people and their families when there is a mental health concern. We are dedicated to improving access for children and young people and working together with families; to achieve this we operate within a Choice and Partnership Approach. You will fit into a strong team culture of collaborative practice, openness, humour, and respect across disciplines.
- Assessment and treatment of infants, children, young people and their families
- Risk assessment and management
- Multi-disciplinary team working
- Community liaison
- Discipline specific skills
Skills & experience
- Mental Health Professional : Social Worker, Mental Health Nurse, Occupational Therapist with skills and expertise in working with adolescents and their families, bi-cultural and multi-cultural work practices, multi-disciplinary team working, and community liaison
- Experience in the child and adolescent mental health sector and a proven ability of working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Hold a relevant qualification and be registered with the relevant professional registration body, and have an up-to-date annual practicing certificate.
About our organisation
Capital and Coast DHB is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
How to apply
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Please ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. For further information on this role, please email Lauren.Heath@mhaids.health.nz
Ma tini, ma mano, ka rapa te whai
By joining together we will succeed