Location: Porirua, Wellington
Service: Mental Health, Addictions & Intellectual Disability Service
Contract: Permanent Full Time - rostered and rotating (2-3-2)
About the role
We are seeking a permanent, Registered Community Mental Health Nurses for Te Haika - the mental health telephone contact centre for Capital & Coast District Health Board. Te Haika manages crisis telephone calls, non-urgent referrals and general mental health enquiries. This role is responsible for managing all incoming referrals across the 3DHB MHAIDS.
You will enjoy working for a skilled and experienced team with a friendly and supportive culture. Professional supervision and training are encouraged and will be provided.
- Answer general enquiries from referrers, members of the public and community agencies regarding mental health
- Provide an initial telephone triage to determine the persons’ eligibility for secondary mental health services
- Provide a culturally appropriate service which is responsive to the needs of tangata whaiora/consumers, whānau/family and caregivers.
Skills & experience
- An experienced registered mental health nurse with at least 5 years of recent work experience in a DHB community mental health team or Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team
- Experience in mental health triage and risk assessment
- An up to date annual practicing certificate with the New Zealand Nursing Council
- As this role meets the criteria as a core Children’s Worker under the Vulnerable Children’s Act 2014, the successful applicant must consent to a full police vetting process.
Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service MHAIDS spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAID services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa. Te Korowai Whariki services include regional forensic and rehabilitation services covering the Central region while the intellectual disability services extend the length and breadth of the country from six bases located in Whangarei, Auckland, Cambridge, Wellington, Christchurch, and Dunedin.
How to apply:
Please click the ‘Apply Now' button. We will be reviewing applications as they come through. Ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. For further information on this role, please email Alicia.Graham@ccdhb.org.nz