Emerge Aotearoa is a social services organisation providing a range of services to whānau, including Health and Disability, Youth and Housing. Our kaimahi all have a common goal - helping people realise their potential with the aim of supporting whānau to live their best life as independently as possible.
We have an exciting Mental Health Professional position available within our small and dynamic team. Providing support within our Mauri Ora service, you will join clients on their recovery journey, providing a safe environment for our clients and supporting them with their goals and daily tasks.
Joining our multi-disciplined team, you'll be working in a 24 hour residential service, the clients within this service are aged between 18 to 65 and have suffered significant disruption due to ill mental health and/or addiction. You'll have a supportive manager who draws on the strengths of team members to create a safe, nurturing space for whānau, where they can realise their potential and reach their goals. The service aims to provide a safe a nurturing space where whānau feel supported to live their best life.
The focus of your role will be working alongside Support Workers to provide support to whānau with varying intense needs. Draw on the strengths of the dynamic team around you to create and implement best practice interventions, support plans and rehabilitation strategies to support whānau to achieve their personal goals and engage within their community.
Whilst there is nothing average about this position, your average day will go from goal planning, to a meeting with clinicians, next on the list you might meet with team, at the end of your shift you'll complete administration and record notes in our records system and provide handover.
This is a permanent, full-time position working between Monday to Sunday, 7.00am - 3.30pm and 3.00pm - 11.30pm.
Sometimes faced with challenging behaviour you'll utilise your calmness to engage and empathise with whānau and be quick to think on your feet with how to deal with situations when whānau become unwell and are in need of support.
Being able to demonstrate assertiveness, accountability and compassion for people and encourage them to change is really important to this role. The ability to coach and mentor staff and communicate effectively will also be beneficial to this role.
You'll need the following:
- Current registration with a professional body covered by HPCA 2003 Act, Social Work Registration
- Must have a current APC
- Two years post qualifying experience working within the Mental Health/AO Sector
- Resilience and strong personal and professional boundaries
- A calm and patient approach to challenges you may face
- Knowledge and experience of working in a residential setting would be beneficial
- A current full New Zealand driver's licence
- The right to work in New Zealand
We offer the following:
- No two days will ever be the same, in this challenging, yet rewarding role
- A supportive Manager, and a team who celebrates success, however little or large they may be
- Learning, development and training opportunities, learning grants and sponsorships and much more
- Fun events and activities with whanau
- Great staff benefits, including store discounts, 20 days annual leave per year, ten days of sick leave, two and a half days wellbeing leave
- Culturally diverse, inclusive, respectful organisation where you can be yourself
How to apply
To apply for this role please visit our careers site careers.emergeaotearoa.org.nz and register your details - This role will be advertised until filled.
If you are interested in joining an organisation who is passionate about making a positive difference in your community we would love to hear from you. Apply today.
Join the Emerge Aotearoa whānau, we're inclusive and we celebrate diversity as an organisation
Realising potential - Tautokohia te mana tangata