Grow your career, be challenged and realise the potential in yourself and others around you.
Emerge Aotearoa is a social services organisation providing a range of services to whānau, including Health and Disability, Youth and Emergency Housing. Our kaimahi all have a common goal - helping people realise their potential with the aim of supporting people to live their best life as independently as possible.
Allan Duffy Recovery Centre is a support service located in Northshore. The service aims to provide a safe a nurturing space where whānau feel supported to live their best life.
The focus of your role will be working alongside Support Workers to provide support to whānau with varying intense and complex needs. This is a permanent, full time opportunity.
As an experienced Mental Health Professional, you will be taking the clinical lead and a "hands on" approach in supporting clients towards their recovery. You will also be coaching and mentoring support staff to achieve great health outcomes for our clients. Work in partnership with clients so that they set challenging goals and have a plan to achieve their goals as well as coaching Support Workers to complete client pathways and other key documentation.
Draw on the strengths of the dynamic team around you to create and implement best practice interventions, support plans and rehabilitation strategies to support whānau to achieve their personal goals and engage within their community.
This is a permanent, full time opportunity. This service operates Monday to Sunday and has rostered morning and evening shifts.
Sometimes faced with challenging behaviour you'll utilise your calmness to engage and empathise with whānau and be quick to think on your feet with how to deal with situations when whānau become unwell and are in need of support. You will need to be flexible and happy to pick up "hand on" duties.
Being able to demonstrate assertiveness, accountability and compassion for people and encourage them to change is really important to this role. The ability to coach and mentor staff and communicate effectively will also be beneficial to this role.
- A current registration with a professional body covered by HPCA 2003 Act, Social Work Registration or have a current APC
- Post qualifying experience working within the Mental Health/AO Sector
- Resilience and strong personal and professional boundaries
- A calm and patient approach to challenges you may face
- Knowledge and experience of working in a residential setting would be beneficial
- A current Full New Zealand driver's licence
- The right to work in New Zealand.
- No two days will ever be the same, in this challenging, yet rewarding role
- A supportive Manager, and a team who celebrates success, however little or large they may be
- Learning, development and training opportunities, learning grants and sponsorships and much more
- Fun events and activities with whanau
- Great staff benefits, including store discounts, 20 days annual leave per year, 10 days of sick leave, 2.5 days wellbeing leave
- Culturally diverse, inclusive, respectful organisation where you can be yourself.
How to apply;
To apply for this role please visit our careers site careers.emergeaotearoa.org.nz and register your details - This role will be advertised until filled.
If you are interested in joining an organisation who is passionate about making a positive difference in your community we would love to hear from you. Apply today.
Join the Emerge Aotearoa whānau; we're inclusive and we celebrate diversity as an organisation
Realising potential - Tautokohia te mana tangata