Location: Hutt valley, Wellington
Service: Hutt South, Community Mental Health Team
Contract: Permanent Full Time
We will be reviewing applicants as & when received.
About the role
We have a vacancy for a motivated and enthusiastic registered mental health professional (Occupational Therapist, Social worker, Mental Health Nurse) to join our integrated multi-disciplinary team. We have an exciting work environment and the opportunity to work in a variety of clinical settings. You will have support with your portfolio and on-going professional development. You will be working with an experienced team who strive to provide high quality care to tangata whaiora family/whanau that may require access to mental health and addiction services.
You will be expected to undertake comprehensive assessments and risk management plans, functional assessments formulate and articulate treatment needs and plans; provide individual/group counselling pertaining to specific health discipline, case manage and coordinate care for tangata whaiora/consumers and their families.
If you have the following attributes we are looking for you
- Ability to work in a team and within the wider Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) and demonstrate values consistent with those of the MHAID CCDHB
- Committed to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- Practicing in a manner that tangata whaiora/consumers determine as being culturally safe
- Demonstrated competence in communicating with a wide range of people, leading meetings and documenting outcomes and plans
- Provide high quality mental health input through assessment, treatment planning and reviews and have recovery focus of tangata whaiora/consumers/family
- Coordinate intensive intervention in a care management for tangata whaiora in crisis when appropriate
- Undertake comprehensive psychiatric assessments
- Formulate and develop risk management plans articulating treatment needs
- Case management and coordinate care for tangata whaiora/consumers and their families/whanau.
- Liaison with other health providers and MHAIDS teams, NGOs, PHOs social and government agencies to facilitate care and treatments for service users.
- Daily clinical documentation of all nursing activities including tangata whaiora and whanau contacts
- Enter data daily
- Participates in and contributes to service planning and development quality projects
- Undertake Duty calls and responses as allocated by Clinical coordinator
Skills & experience
- NZ Registered Social Worker, Occupational Therapist or Nurse
- Post Graduate certificate in Mental Health care and treatment
- Demonstrate team approach and commitment to providing person/family centered care, using current evidence to assist people to achieve their optimum health
- Undertake talking therapy with tangata whaiora individually or in group setting
- Demonstrated competence in communicating with a wide range of people, leading meetings and documenting outcomes and plans.
- Demonstrate team approach and commitment to providing person / family centered care, using current evidence to assist people to achieve their optimum health
- Skilled and experienced working with people with moderate to severe mental health issues and Addictions
About our organisation
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
How to apply
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online CCDHB application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
Please ensure your uploaded CV and cover letter is in either Word or PDF format. For further information on this role, please email Fae.Logovae@huttvalleydhb.org.nz