Contract: Permanent, Full time
Service: Wellington Community Mental Health Team
About the role
Our Wellington Community Mental Health Team, part of Mental Health, Addictions & Intellectual Disability Service are looking for an enthusiastic community mental health professional who has experience working with adults with complex mental health needs.
- work autonomously and participate in a multi-disciplinary approach to care provision. Other dimensions will include being able to work across primary, secondary and non-governmental organisations.
- Have a good sense of humour, compassion, ability to be flexible in their approach.
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to be able to work with a range of cultures and be a team player.
- Managing a caseload of clients who experience moderate to severe mental health issues
- Initial assessments
- Crisis assessment
Skills & Experience
- A NZ Registered Nurse, Social Worker or Occupational Therapist with current APC
- Previous experience in mental health
- A full and clean drivers licence
- Understanding of mental health and addiction in adults and the impact of these issues on clients, their families and community
- A strong focus on recovery
- Recognising and managing risk in a clinical environment
- Working in an emotionally challenging and changing environment
- Responding to changing demands / priorities / workloads at short notice
- Working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- A knowledge of DBT and/or CBT would be ideal, however, upskilling and training is provided in these areas
About our organisation
Capital and Coast DHB (CCDHB) is located centrally in Wellington and has over 6,000 full-time equivalent staff, making us one of the major employers in the Wellington region. CCDHB operates two hospitals – Wellington Regional Hospital in Newtown and Kenepuru Hospital in Porirua – as well as the Kapiti Health Centre at Paraparaumu.
The Mental Health, Addiction and Intellectual Disability Service (MHAIDS) spans three DHBs - Wairarapa, Hutt Valley and Capital and Coast DHB’s and includes local, regional, and national services. The local MHAIDS services are provided from multiple sites within the 3DHB sub-region – greater Wellington, Hutt Valley and Wairarapa.
How to apply
Applications will not be accepted via email. All candidates applying for any of our current vacancies must complete an online application form by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Any queries please email Arianna.Turner@mhaids.health.nz