Service Leader/Primary Mental Health Practitioner
Meeting Primary Mental Health in our diverse community
- Competitive salary
- Supportive environment
- Flexible working conditions
- Ongoing training
Tu Ora Compass Health is committed to improving health outcomes for our communities through effective primary health care. We are the largest primary health organisation (PHO) in the Wellington region, incorporating Wellington City, Porirua/Kapiti and the Wairarapa.
This role has two components:
Service Leader for Wellington, based Primary Mental Health Practitioner teams.
- Providing leadership, mentoring, support, and general HR/Line management for the team (approx. 2 days per week spread across the week as required)
- Maintaining excellent relationships with external providers.
Clinical Mental Health Practitioner
- Providing accurate and professional support in the form of assessment of clients/whanau in relation to the provision and/or coordination of access to psychological interventions (2 days per week spent as clinical time)
Through innovation, quality services, strong inter-service working relationships and a person-centred approach we believe in providing care closest to a person's home. Our primary mental health services are focused on delivering culturally appropriate interventions across the Wellington region.
We offer a supportive environment where you will develop your skills in brief interventions, assessment and treatment planning and delivery of a range of health and social interventions. You will be a valuable member of our team whilst we support you to grow and develop your career pathway. You will receive supervision and training opportunities.
This role works across the life span, however, this role will offer an enhanced opportunity to work with the 18-25-year-old age group to enrich their lives, build resilience and develop new skills. There is the opportunity to engage and support family/whanau involvement.
- Have a can-do attitude
- Be a qualified health professional with a current practising certificate
- Have five or more years' recent experience as a registered MH and/or AOD
- Have a full and clean drivers' license
Please note, as per the government mandate, you must be vaccinated against Covid-19 to apply for this role.
For more information, please contact Jocelyn Malcolm - Jocelyn.Malcolm@tuora.org.nz
If this sounds like your next opportunity, please apply today!
To apply for this role, go to: