- Be the mouthpiece for people experiencing The Salvation Army’s ASARS services
- A key member of a cohesive, supportive and collaborative national team
- Based in Royal Oak, Auckland
The Salvation Army Addiction, Supported Accommodation and Reintegration Services exist to provide safe, integrated, high quality treatment and housing support services to people in need.
Together these services provide a range of residential and community based services across New Zealand, from alcohol, other drug and gambling harm treatment services through to a range of supported accommodation and transitional housing, including reintegration services.
Highly regarded and recognised for being person-centred, caring, transformative and supportive, The Salvation Army partners with other government and non-government organisations in the delivery of their specialist services.
As an integral member of the national team, the National Consumer Advisor is responsible for the overall effectiveness and coordination of the Army’s national consumer/peer participation in service planning, implementation and delivery. Service evaluation, policy advice and support, networking and relationship building and the ongoing workforce development of their consumer/peer workforce is pivotal to the role.
A key focus will be ensuring that the Army’s range of treatment and support services are inclusive of consumer/peer participation and that this influences positive and proactive service development for the benefit of people accessing their services.
- Lived experience of addiction (AoD and/or Problem Gambling) and/or mental illness/distress
- Strong cultural competency, with an understanding and experience of working with Māori
- Ability to relate to people with sensitivity, care and patience
- An understanding of policy, strategy and systems
- Ability to review documents and advise from a consumer perspective
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write good records and reports
- Self-organising: good organising and administration skills
- A commitment to the mission and values of The Salvation Army
- Ability to travel nationally as required
Applications close: 5.00pm Sunday 16 May 2021
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren via mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
P: 04 499 1069