Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi. Engari, he toa takatini
Are you passionate about helping Emerge Aotearoa services across the country deliver a culturally responsive service?
Do you have a high degree of cultural competency and an ability to engage and influence people to understand a Maori world view?
Are you passionate about coaching and empowering individuals and teams to grow and develop?
About The Role
The National Manager Cultural Responsiveness is part of the leadership of Emerge Aotearoa Services and will lead the Cultural Responsiveness team across the country. Reporting to the Mana Whakahaere, Group Director of Cultural Responsiveness this is a senior leadership role that is responsible for the operational leadership of the team and cultural responsiveness of services.
We are seeking an energetic and dynamic operational leader who has high degree of cultural competency and can lead and motivate a team to excellence in practice. The National Manager Cultural Responsiveness will manage a team of Cultural Partners (Māori and Pasifika) and ensure that the Cultural Partners deliver an effective service to the client groups, by providing coaching, support and direction to the regional leadership and services of Emerge Aotearoa.
Cultural responsiveness is delivered via a work programme for each region consisting of service plans and cultural activities, as well as advice on how tikanga Māori customs is applied in practice and appropriate to each specific region. The National Manager Cultural Responsiveness will use personal mana to inform decision making from a tikanga perspective, coach people and teams to build their cultural competence, confidence and influence, and input into the development of tools, policies and processes and manage team performance.
The overall cultural responsiveness programme work is focused on the implementation of our Tiriti o Waitangi Framework in operations; and ensuring that Emerge Aotearoa services across the country are supported to be responsive to the needs of Māori and Pasifika in our services.
The role would ideally be based in Auckland or one of the main centres as regular travel is an expected component of the role. You would ideally be familiar with operating in the social services or Not for Profit sector.
We'd like to hear from people who have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- At least 8 years' relevant post graduate experience working in a similar coaching and influencing role, developing people and/or services to meet the needs of tangata whaiora
- At least 5 years' people management experience of successfully managing a team with positive coaching and support to deliver against outcomes
- High and demonstrable degree of competence in Te Reo and strong application of tikanga
- Experience having managed budgets and activities in previous roles
- Strong evidence of having motivated others and of being a positive, solution focused change agent
- Strong evidence of having developed the cultural competence of individuals and teams
- Understanding of the mental health, addiction, disabilities and/or social services sector
- Ability to work as a productive team member contributing to a wider kaupapa
- Ability to work autonomously and independently with a strong work ethic
- Strong writing and reporting skills.
- Actively contributes within the extensive networks and communities in which this role operates
We honour te Tiriti o Waitangi and are committed to valuing te ao Māori in our work. We are responsive to the needs of the Māori community and have a focus on reducing the health and wellbeing inequities for Māori in particular.
How to apply;
To apply for this role please visit our careers site careers.emergeaotearoa.org.nz and register your details - This role will be advertised until Sunday 14 March 2021.
If you are interested in joining an organisation who is passionate about making a positive difference in your community we would love to hear from you. Apply today.