Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
We create hopeful and safe spaces for change with opportunities to reflect; learn and connect so that people can move towards a brighter future
We now have a 20 hour (2 nights) per week part time opportunity for a Practitioner to work overnight at our Family Centre residential facility located in New Windsor. The predominant nights of work will be Friday and Saturday with each shift start starting at 10.00pm and finishing at 8.00am.
We are seeking candidates who have:
- A relevant Social or Health related degree qualification.
- Registration with DAPAANZ as a competent alcohol and other drug practitioner, or the ability to become registered in a reasonable timeframe
- Previous experience working in the addictions or mental health field
- Overnight working experience (preferred)
- Be committed to the Treaty of Waitangi and guidelines for practice
- A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) method of treatment
- Be able to work autonomously and as part of an energetic and friendly team
- A sense of humour
- A flexible 'can do' approach
- A full clean NZ driver’s license
The Night Practitioner role involves working overnight, doing regular checks on the clients and premises, supporting residents with concerns, and completing administrative tasks. This role requires the successful applicant to be awake and vigilant through the entire night.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
To apply, please include a CV, cover letter and complete the additional information questionnaire form which can be found under your individual Odyssey recruitment profile. Please note that for applicants applying via SEEK an email will be sent to you with a link to access this individual profile. For all enquiries, please contact Ursula Mochocka on 09 623 1447 ext. 727.
Closing date: Thursday, 22 July 2021