We now have a 20 hour (2 nights) per week part time opportunity for a Night Support Worker to work overnight at our Family Centre residential facility located in New Windsor. The predominant nights of work will be Friday and Saturday with each shift start starting at 10.00pm and finishing at 8.00am.
This role involves working overnight, doing regular checks on the clients and premises, supporting residents with concerns, and completing administrative tasks. This role requires the successful applicant to be awake and vigilant through the entire night.
We are seeking candidates who ideally have:
- A minimum qualification of a Level 4 Certificate in Health or a related field (desirable)
- Previous exposure to working in the addictions or mental health field
- Previous overnight experience
- A commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and guidelines for practice
- A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) method of treatment
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of an energetic and friendly team
- A sense of humour
- A flexible 'can do' approach
- A full clean NZ driver’s license
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary based on pay equity and benefits including paid meal breaks
- Professional and career development opportunities.
- A dynamic and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
More about us:
Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter, and complete the additional information questionnaire online. For all enquiries, please contact Trina Tauvela on 021 578262.
Closing date: 27th April 2022
Please note that this role must be performed by a fully vaccinated worker. Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 is required before the successful candidate can comment employment in the role. Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks are also required.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We particularly encourage applications from Māori and Pasifika candidates.