Odyssey has supported thousands of New Zealanders whose lives are affected by alcohol, drug or other addiction challenges. We wholeheartedly believe that everyone living in New Zealand should have the opportunity to live life to the fullest, to feel hopeful about their future and to have meaningful relationships with friends and whānau.
We create hopeful and safe spaces for change with opportunities to reflect; learn and connect so that people can move towards a brighter future
We now have a full-time permanent opportunity for a Night Support Worker to work overnight at our Adult residential facility located on a six acre park-like site in Avondale.
The nights of work are Sunday through to Wednesday (4 nights). Each shift starts at 10.00pm and finished at 8.00am.
This role involves working overnight, doing regular checks on the clients and premises, supporting residents with concerns, and completing administrative tasks. This role requires the successful applicant to be awake and vigilant through the entire night.
We are seeking candidates who ideally have:
· Previous exposure to working in the addictions or mental health field
· Previous overnight experience
· A commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and guidelines for practice
· A minimum qualification of a Level 4 Certificate in Health or related field
· A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) method of treatment
· The ability to work autonomously and as part of an energetic and friendly team
· A sense of humour
· A flexible 'can do' approach
· A full clean NZ driver’s license
If you are practical, results driven, can problem solve and can relate well to people and can use a combination of life skills and work-related experience then this could be the job for you.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please also note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online registration and application forms. For all enquiries please contact Ursula Mochocka on 09 6384957 Ext 727.
Closing date: 30 June 2021